Thursday, February 6, 2014

Going Way Back - Sock Madness 2 - Round 1

I'm going to start off this blog going way back in time to the first year that I participated in Sock Madness. The year was 2008, and it was the second year of Madness. The rules were different then, and I had more free time for goofy photos.

Our first pattern was for Zombie Socks. My project page is here.

The photo that I'm most proud of is the one that I got Jeff to pose for. It does not show off the pattern in the best way, but it's hilarious as you will see. These socks have felted a bit with wear and I don't recommend the yarn for socks because of this, but they're still cozy and have no holes.


If you'd like to see what the socks actually look like, then I suppose you can see them here.
There is frequently a new or rarely used technique in the patterns that submitted to Sock Madness. In the case of Zombie Socks, it was dropped stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment